Dr. Ashwini Godbole
- Completion of from PhD from NCBS-TIFR, one of the premier institute for biological sciences in India
- Won important awards (SarojiniDamodaran travel award and Company of Biologists) andfellowships(DBT Post-doctoral research, Young Scientist) during my research career.
- Research publications in renowned international journals
I am interested to engage with PhD students, young people interested in designing and executing innovative educational and outreach programs related to:
- Ayurvedic biology
- Cognitive health
- Nervous system health
- Neurodegenerative disorder
Some of my important publications:
- Regulation of VDAC Trafficking Modulates Cell Death. Dubey AK, Godbole A, Mathew MK.
- Cell Death Discovery 2016 Article no: 16085 doi:10.1038/cddiscovery.2016.85
- Expression and purification of OsVDAC4. Godbole A, Dubey AK, Mitra R, Reddy PS, Mathew MK.
- Method Enzymol. 2015 Aug; 556:51-75. doi: 10.1016/bs.mie.2014.12.019.
- Evaluation of traditional anthelmintic herbs as substitutes for the endangered Embeliaribes, using Caenorhabditiselegans model. Venkatasubramanian P, Godbole A, Vidyashankar R and Kuruvilla GR. Current Science. 2013 Dec, 105(11):1593—1598
- Mitochondrial VDAC and hexokinase together modulate plant programmed cell death. Godbole A, Dubey AK, Reddy PS, Udayakumar M, Mathew MK. Protoplasma. 2013 Aug;250(4):875-84. doi: 10.1007/s00709-012-0470-y. Epub 2012 Dec 18.
- Bacterial expression, purification and characterization of a rice voltage-dependent, anion-selective channel isoform, OsVDAC4. Godbole A, Mitra R, Dubey AK, Reddy PS, Mathew MK. J Membr Biol. 2011 Nov;244(2):67-80. doi: 10.1007/s00232-011-9399-x. Epub 2011 Nov 6.
- Repression of the glucose-inducible outer-membrane protein OprB during utilization of aromatic compounds and organic acids in Pseudomonas putida CSV86. Shrivastava R, Basu B, Godbole A, Mathew MK, Apte SK, Phale PS. Microbiology. 2011 May;157(Pt 5):1531-40. Epub 2011 Feb 17.
- VDAC is a conserved element of death pathways in plant and animal systems. Godbole A, Varghese J, Sarin A, Mathew MK. BiochimBiophysActa. 2003 Sep 23;1642(1-2):87-96.