1. Developed SCAR markers for authentication of more than 30 medicinal plants
2. Published whole genome sequence of an endangered and red listed medicinal plant, Embelia ribes
3. Established facility to isolate and characterize endophytes from medicinal plants
4. Established Drosophila facility in collaboration with Prof. Upendra Nongthomba (IISc) to study healthy ageing
5. Established yeast (Saccharomyces cerevisiae) model to study iron metabolism
1. Metabolic homeostasis
2. Healthy ageing / wellness
3. Genomics of medicinal plants
• Pomegranate juice improves iron status and ameliorates iron deficiency induced cellular changes in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Journal of Nutritional Therapeutics 4: 104 – 112.
• Pomegranate juice enhances healthy lifespan in Drosophila melanogaster: an exploratory study. Front. Public Health 2:245.
• nrDNA ITS Sequence Based SCAR Marker to authenticate Aconitum heterophyllum and Cyperus rotundus in Ayurvedic raw drug source and prepared herbal products. Food Chemistry 145: 1015 – 1020.
• Plant-Based Rasayana drugs from Ayurveda. Chinese Journal of Integrative Medicine. 17(2): 88 – 94.
• Development of RAPD based SCAR marker for identification of Ipomea mauritiana Jacq. (Convolvulaceae). Evidence Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine.
• Development of ITS sequence based molecular marker to distinguish, Tribulus terrestris L. (Zygophyllaceae) from its adulterants. Fitoterapia. 81(6): 503-508.