1. Developed proof-of concept on use of traditional herbal malaria prophylaxis
2. New knowledge contributed to the field of herbal malaria prophylaxis.
3. Published 7 research papers in peer-reviewed journals.
4. Trained under Prof. Dominique Mazier, world renowned scientists in the field of malaria prophylaxis and published a paper with her as first author.
5. Received Ph.D award from Manipal University for the work accomplished at FRLHT.
6. Established working collaborations with 7 local NGOs to implement malaria field research and published all collaborative works.
7. Written chapters on TDU’s malaria research work in 4 books
8. Principal Investigator in AYUSH Grama project funded by Dept. of AYUSH, Karnataka
9. Principal Investigator in a project on malaria research work funded by DST-SEED
10. Received a project grant for malaria work from German funder.
11. Participated in several International and National conferences and presented TDU’s malaria research work.
12. Field coordinator for GCC-Copper project, TATA Copper project and Chikkaballapur health survey project.
1. Scientifically validated, low-cost solutions for prevention of malaria
2. Contribution of traditional medicine to primary health care
3. Exploring potential of Ayurveda in public health
• Nagendrappa PB, Annamalai PA, Naik M, Mahajan V, Gay F, Mathur A, Susanta G, Venkatasubramanian P. A prospective comparative field study to evaluate the efficacy of a traditional plant-based malaria prophylaxis. J Intercult Ethnopharmacol, [cited December 02, 2016]; Online First: 21 Nov, 2016. doi:10.5455/jice.20161112021406
• Nair CB, Manjula J, Subramani PA, Nagendrappa PB, Manoj MN, Malpani S, et al. Differential Diagnosis of Malaria on Truelab Uno ® , a Portable, Real-Time, MicroPCR Device for Point-Of-Care Applications. PLoS One. 2016 Jan 19;11(1):e0146961.
• Nagendrappa PB, Franetich J-F, Gay F, Lorthiois A, Venkatasubramanian P, Mazier D. Antiplasmodial activity of traditional polyherbal remedy from Odisha, India: Their potential for prophylactic use. Asian Pac J Trop Biomed. 2015 Dec;5(12):982–6.
• Nagendrappa PB, Naik MP, Payyappallimana U. Ethnobotanical survey of malaria prophylactic remedies in Odisha, India. J Ethnopharmacol. 2013 Apr 19;146(3):768–72.