• Balasubramani, Varghese, Vishnuprasad CN, Padma Venkat (2020). Pomegranate Juice Enhances Iron Dialysability and Assimilation in In-Vitro Cell Free and Cell-Based Models. Plant Foods Hum Nutr. 10.1007/s11130-020-00815-1
• Nutan Nabar, Vaidya RA, Vishnuprasad CN, Raut AA, Vaidya ADB. (2020). Ayurvedic Dravyaguna (Pharmacological) Correlates With Biological Plausibility for Antidiabetic Activity of Eujenia Jambolana Linn. The Indian Practitioner, 73, 26-31.
• Vishnuprasad CN (2018). Scope of Ayurveda Biology in the future of integrative healthcare for global wellness. Ancient Sci Life; 38
• Patra JK, Das G, Bose S, Banerjee S, Vishnuprasad CN, Rodriguez-Torres MP, Shin HS (2020). Star anise (Illicium verum): Chemical compounds, antiviral properties and clinical relevance. Phytother. Res. 1-20.
• Das G, Patra JK, Basavegowda N, Vishnuprasad CN, Shin HS (2019). Comparative study on antidiabetic, cytotoxicity, antioxidant and antibacterial properties of biosynthesized silver nanoparticles using outer peels of two varieties of Ipomoea batatas (L.) Lam. Int J Nanomedicine. 14: 4741-4754.
• Vaidya VN, Tatiya AU, Elango A, Kukkupuni SK, Vishnuprasad CN (2018). Need for comprehensive standardization strategies for marketed Ayurveda formulations. J Ayurveda Integr Med. 9(4):312-315.
• Butala MA, Kukkupuni SK, Padma Venkat, Vishnuprasad CN (2018). An Ayurvedic anti-diabetic formulation made from Curcuma longa L. and Emblica officinalis L. inhibits alpha-amylase, alpha-glucosidase and starch digestion, in-vitro. Starch – Stärke, 70: 1700182. doi:10.1002/star.201700182
• Butala MA, Kukkupuni SK, Vishnuprasad CN (2017). Ayurvedic anti-diabetic formulation Lodhrasavam inhibits alpha-amylase, alpha-glucosidase and suppresses adipogenic activity in vitro. J Ayurveda Integr Med. 8: 145-151.
• Vishnuprasad CN (2015) Dravyagunasatasloki of Trimallabhatta (Book Review). J Ayurveda Integr Med. 6: 64-66.
• Vishnuprasad CN, Tomoko Tsuchiya, Shiro Kanegasaki, Joon Ho Kim and Sung Soo Han (2014) Aurantio-obtusin stimulates chemotactic migration and differentiation of MC3T3-E1 osteoblast cells. Planta Med. 80: 544-549.
• Vishnuprasad CN, Pradeep NS, Yong Woo Cho, Gangadharan GG, Sung Soo Han (2013). Fumigation in Ayurveda: Potential Strategy for Drug Discovery and Drug Delivery. J. Ethnopharmacol. 149: 409-415.
• Ninu Poulose, Vishnuprasad CN, Nidhina Haridas PA, Gopalakrishnapillai A (2011). Ellagic acid stimulates glucose transport in adipocytes and muscles through AMPK mediated pathway. J Diabetes Metab. 2:149. doi:10.4172/2155-6156.1000149.
• Vishnuprasad CN, Anjana T, Banerji A, Gopalakrishnapillai A (2010). Gallic acid induces GLUT4 translocation and glucose uptake activity in 3T3-L1 cells. FEBS Lett. 584:531-536.
• Vishnuprasad CN, Suma Mohan S, Banerji A, Gopalakrishnapillai A (2009). Kaempferitrin inhibits GLUT4 translocation and glucose uptake in 3T3-L1 adipocytes. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 380: 39-43.
Books and Chapters:
• Patra, JK, Vishnuprasad CN, Das G. (Eds.) (2017). Microbial Biotechnology: Volume 1. Applications In Agriculture And Environment. Springer International Publishing. ISBN: 978-981-10-6846-1. (Edited Volume)
• Vishnuprasad CN (2016). “Microbial infections and human health: What Ayurveda can offer? Microbial advances in Agriculture and Human Health, Apple Academic Press, Inc., (a Taylor & Francis Group), Canada. pp331-357. (Invited Chapter).
• Vishnuprasad CN, Unnikkannan CP (2017). Bioprospecting Traditional Medicines. Bioresources and Bioprocess in Biotechnology. Exploring potential Biomolecules, Volume-1 Status and Strategies,. Springer, pp375-395. (Invited Chapter).
Papers Presented in National and International Seminars/Symposia:
• Anjana T, Sania K, Subrahmanya Kumar K, Vishnuprasad CN (2019, November). Anti-diabetic and anti-adipogenic activities of Ayurveda formulations; Chandraprabha Vati and Vasanthakusumakara Ras. International conference on AYUSH for future health challenges – strengthening Transdisciplinary research organized by Savithri Phule University, Pune.
• Sarath JS, Banjai M, Sushma MS, Subramanya Kumar, Vishnuprasad CN (2018, February). Antimicrobial and Antibiofilm effects of Ayurvedic fumigation and its potential applications in drug development. Oral Presentation at the national seminar on Natural Resources for Drug Discovery and Development organized by Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Dibrugarh University, Assam, India
• Vishvanath NV, Megha Butala, Subramanya Kumar, Vishnuprasad CN (2017, January). Physico-chemical and bioactivity comparison of various marketed samples of Lodhrasavam-an anti-diabetic and anti-obesity formulation. Oral Presentation at VAJRA 2016, International Ayurveda Conclave, Thrissur, Kerala.
• Megha Butala, Subramanya Kumar, Vishnuprasad CN (2016, December). In-vitro studies on the anti-diabetic and anti-adipogenic effects of Lodhrasavam – an Ayurvedic anti-diabetic formulation”. Oral Presentation at the 7th World Ayurveda Congress conducted at Kolkatta, West Bengal, India.
• Sadiya Anjum, Subrahmanya Kumar, Padma Venkatasubramanian, Vishnuprasad CN (2015, April). Preliminary studies on the inhibitory effect of ‘Nishamalaki Rasayana’ on pancreatic alpha-amylase and intestinal alpha-glucosidase. International symposium on phytochemistry (ISP-2015), Kerala Academy of Sciences, Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala, India.
• Vishnuprasad CN, Tomoko Tsuchiya, Shiro Kanegasaki, Joon Ho Kim and Sung Soo Han (2013, December). Aurantio-obtusin stimulates chemotactic migration and differentiation of MC3T3-E1 osteoblast cells. International Conference on Biotechnology and Human Welfare (ICBH-2013), SASTRA University, Tanjavur, Tamil Nadu, India.
• Poulose N, Vishnuprasad CN., Haridas Nidhina P, A., Anilkumar G (2011). Ellagic acid stimulates glucose transport in 3T3-L1 adipocytes and C2C12 myotubes by AMP activated protein kinase mediated pathway Experimental Biology Annual Meeting, Walter E. Washington Convention Center, Washington, DC. FASEB J March 17, 2011 25:lb85.
• Poulose N, Vishnuprasad CN., Haridas Nidhina P, A., Anilkumar G (2010). Glucose uptake stimulatory effect of Terminalia arjuna leaf extract in 3T3-L1 adipocytes. 79th Annual Meeting of Society for Biological Chemists, Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore.
• Vishnuprasad CN, Anjana T, Banerji A and Gopalakrishnapillai A (2008, December). Gallic acid: Active principle from seabuckthorn leaf extract exhibits GLUT4 translocation and glucose uptake activity in 3T3-L1 cells. 77th annual meeting of Society of Biological Chemists India, Indian Institute of Technology, Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India.
• Vishnuprasad CN, Banerji A, Nair BG and Gopalakrishnapillai A (2006, December). Bauhinia forficata leaf extract exhibits GLUT4 translocation activity. 75th Annual meeting of Society of Biological Chemists, Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi, India.