1. Establishment of National Herbarium of Medicinal Plants used in Indian System of Medicine.
2. Establishment of Raw Drug Repository of Natural Resources used in Indian Systems of Medicine
3. Virtual herbarium (http://envis.frlht.org)
4. Guiding Ph.D. Students
Worked on projects on diversified areas funded by MoEF, DST, NMPB, State Biodiversity Board, National Biodiversity Board, World Bank, CSR funds from industries etc.
To list some of the projects/consultancies are:
– Centre of Excellence, MoEF, GoI (2002- 2017)
– Demand and Supply of Medicinal Plants in India
– Status and Distribution of Paris polyphylla Smith and Panax Pseudoginseng Wall.
– Medicinal Plants in Selected Localities in Western Districts of Arunachal Pradesh.
– Reproductive Biology and Conservation of a Monotypic, Endemic, Critically Endangered and Red Listed Medicinal Plant Species Janakia arayalpathra Joseph & Chandrasekaran
– Taxonomy, Distribution and Pharmacological studies on Agnimantha and Patala, Important Dasamoola group of plants in India
– Database of Flowering plants of Karnataka
– Tamil Nadu Biodiversity Conservation Greenery Project
– Revisiting of three MPCAs in Tamil Nadu
• Taxonomy of Angiosperms,
• Revision, Monographs,
• Reproductive Biology,
• Conservation of Medicinal Plants,
• Trade of Medicinal Plants,
• Aquatic Angiosperms (Sea Grasses) and
• Ecological studies
• Parthasarathy, N., K. Ramamurthy and K. Ravikumar. Two interesting taxa of plants from Coromandel Coast of South India. J. Econ. Tax. Bot. 11(1): 207-209. 1987.
• Ravikumar, K., R. Ganesan and K. Ramamurthy. First report of a sea grass Halodule wrightii Asch. (POTAMOGETONACEAE) from India. J. Econ. Tax. Bot. 14(3): 711-714. 1990.
• Henry, A.N., V.B. Hosagoudar and K. Ravikumar. Ethno-Medico-Botany of the Southern Western Ghats of India. Ethnobiology in Human Welfare (Ed.) S.K. Jain. 173-180.1996.
• Ravikumar, K. and G.S. Goraya. Rediscovery of Hopea canarensis Hole (DIPTEROCARPACEAE) – An Endemic and little known species from the Western Ghats of Karnataka, India. Indian Forester 125(2): 225-229. 1999.
• Ravikumar, K., S. P. Subramani, P.S. Udayan and Mohan Karnat. Notes on few Rare and Endemic Plants from the Western Ghats of Coorg District, Karnataka, India. J. Econ. Taxon. Bot. 24(2): 334-338. 2000.
• Udayan, P.S., K. Ravikumar and S. Noorunnisa Begum. Additions to the Flora of Chikmagalur District, Karnataka State. MyForest 37(1): 325-334, March 2001.
• Ravikumar, K., R. Vijaya Sankar and V. Prabhakaran. Utleria salicifolia Bedd. ex Hook.f. (Periplocaceae) A Monotypic, Endemic and Critically Endangered Red Listed Medicinal Plant relocated from its type locality. MyForest 37(2): 495-498. June 2001.
• Ravikumar, K., P.S. Udayan and S.P. Subramani. Additions to the Flora of Karnataka, India. MyForest 37(4): 619-624. December 2001.
• Ravikumar, K. and R. Vijaya Sankar. Ethnobotany of Malayali tribes in Melpattu village, Javvadhu hills of Eastern Ghats, Tiruvannamalai District, Tamil Nadu. J. Econ. Tax. Bot. 27(3): 715-726. 2003.
• Ravikumar, K., R. Vijaya Sankar, D.K. Ved and K. Gopalakrishna Bhat. Is Madhuca insignis (Radlk.) H.J. Lam (Sapotaceae) really extinct? Phytotaxonomy 4: 119-123. 2004.
• Ravikumar, K., V. Lakshmanan and R. Vijaya Sankar. Notes on the extended distribution of three endemics in Tamil Nadu. Rheedea 14(1&2): 69. 2004.
• Ved, D.K., G.A. Kinhal, K. Ravikumar, R. Vijaya Sankar and K. Haridasan. Conservation Assessment and Management Prioritisation (CAMP) for Wild Medicinal Plants of North-East India. Medicinal Plant Conservation – IUCN News Letter, II: 40-44. August 2005.
• Udayan, P.S., K. Ravikumar, D.K. Ved and K. Udaiyan. Fibraurea darhani, a new species of Menispermaceae from the Western Ghats, India. Rheedea 17(1&2): 9-12. 2007.
• Minallammagaari Vineel Sumanth, Madhuri Bhatt Yellanthoor, Kaliamoorthy Ravikumar and Perumal Ravichandran. Comparative physicochemical, phytochemical and HPTLC studies on root species used as Patala in Ayurvedic system of medicine. J. Pharmacy Research 7: 810 – 816. 2013.
• Umeshkumar Tiwari and K. Ravikumar. Neotypification of Lepidagathis bandraensis Blatter (Acanthaceae). Rheedea 23 (2): 105-107. 2013.
• Umeshkumar Tiwari, K. Ravikumar and N. Balachandran. A new variety of Bauhinia bassacensis (Leguminosae: Caesalpinioideae) from Great Nicobar Island, India. Phytotaxa 149 (1): 12-18. 2013.
• Ravikumar, K., S. Noorunnisa Begum and R. Vijayasankar. Notes on the distribution of Semecarpus
• Kandasamy Premalatha, Sivaraman Gokul, Amit Kumar, Priyanka Mishra, Pooja Mishra, Kaliamoorthy Ravikumar, Alok Kalra. Molecular profiling of fungal assemblages in the healthy and infected roots of Decalepis arayalpathra (J. Joseph & V. Chandras.) Venter, an endemic and endangered ethno-medicinal plant from Western Ghats, India. Ann. Microbiol. DOI 10.1007/s13213-014-0919-7. 2014.
• Umeshkumar Tiwari, Sebastian J. Adams, Noorunnisa Begum, Kulithalai V. Krishnamurthy, Kaliamoorthy Ravikumar, Venkatasubramanian Padma. Pharmacognostic Studies on Two Himalayan Species of Traditional Medicinal Value: Allium wallichii and Allium stracheyi. Not. Sci. Biol. 6(2): 149-154. 2014.
• K. Ravikumar, Umeshkumar Tiwari and N. Balachandran. Aristolochia gurinderii (Aristolochiaceae). A new species from Great Nicobar Island, India. Phytotaxa 172 (2): 117–122. 2014.
• S. Noorunissa Begum, K. Ravikumar and D. K. Ved. “Asoka” – A Culturally and Traditionally Important Medicinal Plant: Its’Present Day Market Demand and Conservation Measures in India. Current Science 107(1): 26-28. 2014.
• N. Balachandran and K. Ravikumar. Additions to the flora of Manipur, North Eastern State of India.
Pleione 8(1): 199-206. 2014.
• Priyanka Mishra, L., Dinesh Kumar, Amit Kumar, Sivaraman Gokul, Kaliamoorthy Ravikumar, Ashutosh K. Shukla & Velusamy Sundaresan. Population Dynamics and Conservation Implications of Decalepis arayalpathra (J. Joseph and V. Chandras.) Venter., a Steno Endemic Species of Western Ghats, India. Appl. Biochem. Biotechnol. DOI 10.1007/s12010-015-1654-7.
• K. Ravikumar and D.K. Ved. Illustrated Field Guide to 100 Red Listed Medicinal Plants of Conservation Concern in southern India. Foundation for Revitalization of Local Health Traditions (FRLHT), Bangalore, December 2000.
• Ravikumar, K., R. Vijaya Sankar, R. Murugan, G. S. Goraya and S. Noorunnisa Begum. Photo Guide to Selected Medicinal Plants of Karnataka. Foundation for Revitalization of Local health Traditions (FRLHT), Bangalore, 2009.
• Vijaya Sankar, R., K. Ravikumar and P. Ravichandran. Plant resources of Tiruvannamalai district, Tamil Nadu, India. Bishen Singh Mahendra Pal Singh, Dehra Dun. 2012.
• Krishnamurthy, K. V., R. Murugan and K. Ravikumar. Bioresources of the Eastern Ghats, their Conservation and Management. Bishen Singh Mahendra Pal Singh, Dehra Dun. 2013
• in Press: Compendium of Traded Medicinal Plants of the country