1. Developed Traditional knowledge Database on Indian medicinal plants.
2. Educational CD’s (publication of 12 CDs)and websites on Medicinal plants (3 websites).
3. Developed a Methodology for solving controversial identity of medicinal plants mentioned in Ayurveda.
4. Developed Rasayana Informatics & Systems approaches to Rasayana in Ayurveda
1. Medicinal plants & Traditional knowledge
2. Ayurveda & Genomics
3. Drug design and Ayurvedic pharmacopoea
4. Indian philosophy and its epistemology
5. Knowledge generation & Management
• SN Venugopalan Nair, Darshan Shankar, Knowledge generation in Ayurveda: Methodological aspects, Indian Journal of History of Science, 51.1 (2016) 48-55.
• Rotti H, Sandeep Mallya, Shama Prasada Kabekkodu, Sanjiban Chakrabarty, Sameer Bhale, Ramachandra Bharadwaj, Balakrishna K Bhat, Amrish P Dedge, Vikram Ram Dhumal, GG Gangadharan, Puthiya M Gopinath, Periyasamy Govindaraj, Kalpana S Joshi, Paturu Kondaiah, Sreekumaran Nair, SN Venugopalan Nair , et al, DNA methylation analysis of phenotype specific stratified Indian population, Journal of Translational Medicine (2015) 13:151 DOI 10.1186/s12967-015-0506-0
• Rotti H, Raval R, Anchan S, Bellampalli R, Bhale S, Bharadwaj R, S.N.Venugopalan Nair, et al Determinants of Prakriti, the Human Constitution Types of Indian Traditional Medicine and its Correlation with Contemporary Science. J Ayurveda Integr Med 2014;5:167-75.
• Padma Venkatasubramanian, Subrahmanya Kumar K, Venugopalan S. N. Nair, Cyperusrotundus, A substitute for Aconitum heterophyllum: Studies on the Ayurvedic concept of Abhava Pratinidhi Dravya (drug substitution). J Ayurveda Integr Med 2014.
• P.M. Unnikrishnan, S.N. Venugopal, Sarika DeSouza, Darshan Shankar, The Ayurvedic perspective on Malaria, CRC press London, 2004.
• Shankar Darshan, Unnikrishnan P.M, Venugopalan S.N, An urgent need to harness Ayurveda’s creativity for management of Malaria, Kottakkal Aryavaidyasala, 2002.