9th Training on Whole Genome Sequencing and Analysis
Jointly organized by:
The University of Trans-disciplinary Health Sciences & Technology (TDU)
Bengaluru Genomics Centre (BGC)
- BIG-BANG in GENOMICS
- Avenue and Opportunities in Genomics
- Challenges in Bioinformatics & Data Science
- Agglomeration of “Pure & Digital” Sciences
- Creating “Global Genomics Ecosystem”
- Trained > 200 Scientists (All streams of Biology, Engineering , Technology).
- Achieved 100 % Literacy by the participants in Genomics and Bioinformatics
Please visit here for details on previously conducted events
4th January 2019 and 5th January 2019.
Students, Faculty and Scientists from Academia and Industries including Life Sciences, Biology, Computer Science, Medicine, Agriculture, Veterinary, Environmental Science and any other disciplines.
|9th Training on Whole Genome Sequencing and Analysis
- Experimental Design for WGS projects
- Whole Genome sequencing technologies
- Short and long read technologies
- First, Second and Third Gen. Technologies
- Next Generation Sequencing (NGS)
- NGS Library Preparation
- Other Essential Techniques like Sample collection, Storage and Genomic DNA isolation, NanoDrop, Gel Electrophoresis, Quality Check, PCR etc.
- Navigation through NCBI/GenBank
- Introduction to Linux and Command Line
- WGS Assembly and Annotation
- Genome Browser & other essential software (ASCI File, FastQC, TrimGalore, SPAdes, Quast, PROKKA, etc)
- Dr. Lavanya Devi, TDU.
- Mr. Shreedhara P, BGC.