Selection of Research Supervisor
- Students are encouraged to interact with all broadly relevant faculty members at TDU and Partner Research Institutions in order to identify a Research Supervisor who understands the major subject area of research and meets TDU’s eligibility criteria.
- Students will seek and obtain consent from the selected faculty members at TDU or Partner Research Institute whom the student chooses to be his/her Research Supervisor.
- Research Supervisor should be an approved faculty at TDU or Partner Research Institutes, who meet with the eligibility criteria stated in the following section below.
- Students can also have a Co-Supervisor who could be a faculty member from TDU, Partner Research institution or any external faculty who will meet the same eligibility criteria as applicable to the Research Supervisor.
- Tenure as Research Supervisor: Faculty who leave TDU or the Partner Research Institute will continue to serve as a Research Supervisor for students assigned to them in the best interests of the student, unless the student requests a change in the Research Supervisor. In the event of a student requesting a change in Research Supervisor, the MRC will find an appropriate Research Supervisor from within TDU or liaise with partner research centers to provide an external faculty for the student.
- In the unexpected circumstances that the Research Supervisor or student do not want to continue their association, a letter justifying the reasons for the same should be submitted to the MRC. The MRC will seek to mediate between both parties, failing which the matter will be referred to GRC for mediation and if still not resolved, MRC will approve the discontinuing of the association between the Research Supervisor and the Student.
- On approval from MRC, the student should find another Research Supervisor within 3 months from the date of such approval with the help from MRC.
Research Supervisor – Eligibility Criteria
- All faculty members of TDU or Partner Research Institution, with a PhD qualification and a minimum of 3 years’ experience in research at the University, with atleast 3 (three) publications in reputed international/national journals are eligible to guide MScR students as Research Supervisor.
- All faculty member of TDU or Partner Research Institution, with a PhD qualification, successfully completed atleast two research grant projects as Principle Investigator (PI) and with atleast 2 (two) publications in reputed international/national journals are eligible to guide MScR students as Research Supervisors.
- All faculty member of TDU or Partner Research Institution, with a Master’s degree (MD/MTech/MSc) with five (5) years of research work experience or clinical practice, successfully completed atleast three research grant projects and with atleast 2 (two) publication in reputed international/national journals and meet with preset quality standards set by MRC are eligible to guide MScR students as Research Supervisors.
- A Research Supervisor shall not normally supervise more than five MScR students at any time at TDU or partner research institution.
- Notwithstanding what is stated above, the GRC reserves the right to approve anyone as Research Supervisor, depending upon the merit of the case which will be assessed / certified by a committee appointed by them.
Masters Research Committee (MRC).
- The Masters Research Committee (MRC) will have a good mix of advisors or mentors from all transdisciplinary domains offered at TDU’s.
- The MRC may include eligible faculty from other institutions or industry experts as well.
- MRC will review and grade the progress of the student’s research every 6 months.