Fellowship from Tata Trust
The Institute of Transdisciplinary Health Sciences and Technology (TDU) is pleased to announce that the TATA Trusts have agreed to award fellowship support to PhD Students registered with TDU in the following four thematic areas;
- Cerebro-Nueral Disorders
- Drinking Water
A total of 4 (four) fellowships are available to PhD students the academic year 2016-17. The selection of eligible students for the award of fellowship will be competitive. A committee appointed by the Graduate Research Committee (GRC) at TDU will select the four best research proposals out of the applications received. Selected applicants will be provided the letter of selection, which the applicant will attached to his/her application along with other mandatory documents and send to TATA Trust.
Selected students will be provided a Fellowship of Rs 50,000 each month along with a maximum contingency grant of up to Rs 1 lakh each year. The contingency grant can be used for purchase of books, laptops, subscription to databases or journals, lab charges, travel for the purpose of research, etc.
The fellowship will be available for a maximum period of 4 years from the date of provisional admission to TDU’s PhD Program.
The selection criteria will be broadly based on;
- Students overall performance record including academic, co-curricular and extra-curricular activities,
- A crisp, achievable statement of purpose that is transdisciplinary in nature,
- A good presentation and discussion of the statement of purpose before the committee and
- Any other conditions specifically laid down by TATA Trust.
- This Grant is open to resident Indian only.
- This Grant is open to those students registered at The Institute of Transdisciplinary Health Science and Technology (TDU),
- Application form should be filled in by the student and not the institution and must be accompanied by the documents as mentioned in the mandatory documents below.
- The applicants should has received admission into TDU’s PhD program and shall apply for the current academic year of study,
The applicant should send directly the complete and signed application form to email@example.com along with the clear & legible scans of the following mandatory documents:
- Attested clear copies of marksheets for the previous academic year
- Latest Income proof of all the earning members of the family (2016-2017):
- For those in employment – Clear copies of the Income Tax returns and Form No. 16
- For those in self-employment – Clear copies of the Income Tax returns
- For those in employment in the unorganized sector – Clear copy of the Employer certificate on the original letter head of the company
- Clear copy of the PAN card of the student & parents
Incase an applicant has issues in sending the scan copies of the above mandatory documents, then a hard copy of the mandatory documents should be sent to the Tata Trusts Mulla House office (Address: Tata Trusts, Mulla House, 3rd Floor, 51, M G Road, Fort, Mumbai – 400001) along with the below listed hard copy documents.
The hard copy of the following documents should be sent to the Tata Trusts Mulla House office (Address: Tata Trusts, Mulla House, 3rd Floor, 51, M G Road, Fort, Mumbai – 400001):
- Printed and completely filled application form duly signed by the applicant
- Current year’s original fee receipts
- An Original cancelled cheque and copy of the first page of the bank passbook pertaining to the student’s bank account
- An original letter from TDU clearly stating the breakup of the fees, the category in which the student has secured an admission, fees paid / to be paid and the amount of free ship applied for / received / to be received, for the current academic year. The letter should be signed by the Registrar of TDU.
Other Terms and Conditions
- Original fee receipts, if submitted will be returned to the student after completion of the processes by the Trust office. All other documents will be retained by the Trust for its records.
- Apart from the above conditions, it is hereby informed any other conditions imposed by the Trustees would be binding on all matters and on all persons pertaining to the fellowship.
- Application forms with incomplete / manipulated / false information shall be treated as void and legal action will be taken as deemed necessary.