TDU-SAEVUS Award for Excellence in Science Writing 2017
Competition is open for Indian citizens who are Undergraduate/postgraduate students studying any stream in a UGC recognized university in India.
Articles should be
- only in English, typewritten and with a title and not fictional in nature.
- original unpublished work of 1000 to 1500 words, written solely for the purpose of this competition.
- authored by only one person. Articles with more than one author will not qualify.
- submitted only online through the link provided. Offline or e-mail articles will not be entertained.
- Only one submission per author will be accepted.
- The organizers may approach participants, over phone or email if any additional information is needed as part of the overall process.
- Articles will be judged by jury of eminent specialists and their decisions will be final.
- Competition Opens: 1st September 2017
- Last Date for Submission of Articles: 30th October 2017
- The prize money will be INR 5000 for each of five winners.
- Additionally, TDU will host all five winners at TDU campus in Bengaluru where they will be exposed to various research and communication activities at the campus.
Related Terms and Conditions
- The author must produce a valid ID card of their college/university and proof of citizenship such as the Aadhar card/PAN CARD/Election voter ID/Passport based on communication from the organizers if screened successfully.
- If the author fails to produce a valid ID card of their college/university, he/she will be disqualified from the competition and will be barred from participating in future competitions.
- Articles on behalf of other persons will not be accepted.
- The articles should not infringe on or conflict with the patent, copyright, trademark, trade secret or any other personal or proprietary right of any other party.
- The submitted articles will go through standard plagiarism tools and no level of plagiarism will be acceptable for the competition.
- The prizes are non-exchangeable, non-transferable, and not redeemable for cash.
- In the unlikely event of the prize (or one or more constituent elements) not being available, the organizers reserve the right to provide a similar prize of equal or greater value.
- The organizers accept no responsibility for any extra costs other except for the prizes mentioned on the website.
- The prizes can only be claimed by the original author in person at the TDU office and no other person can claim the award on his/her behalf. The winners can claim the travel allowances of upto AC 3 tier fare from their place of residence to Bangalore. (only shortest route will be considered for reimbursements). TDU will host the winners only at TDU hostel and no other accommodation allowances or additional daily allowances will be reimbursed.
- The organizers shall accept no responsibility/liability for any damage, loss, injury or death incurred or suffered as a result of participating in the competition or accepting the prize.
- Winners will be notified by email and contacted through telephone. If the winner does not respond within 15 days of declaration, the right to the prize will be forfeited by the organizers; subject to the decision of the jury and no compensation will be provided.
- The organizers shall have full authority to accept or reject the articles.
- The competition is being run by TransDisciplinary University, #74/2, Jarakabande Kaval, Post Attur via Yelahanka,Bangalore. PIN: 560 064, INDIA.