Jointly organized by:
The Institute of Trans-disciplinary Health Sciences & Technology (TDU)
Bengaluru Genomics Centre (BGC)
- Genomics is a recent technological revolution in life science that transformed our understanding of life’s genome landscape
- The purpose of this training workshop is to get a deeper understanding in Next-Generation Sequencing (NGS) technology with a special focus on whole genome sequencing and analysis.
- To teach the fundamentals of NGS workflow from sample prep to whole genome sequencing to analysis to manuscript writing and patent application
- Globally huge demand and opportunities in genomics research and industry
- High quality Training and capitalizing human resources to carry out Next Generation Sequencing and Big-Data Analysis
- Carryout high-end research on genomic and functional genomics to solve the big problems
March 12-16, 2018.
Students and Faculty/Scientists from Academia and Industry from Life Sciences, Biotechnology, Genetics, Computer Science, Genomics, Medicine, Agriculture, Environment, Computer Science and other disciplines.
This Certificate Course (3 Credits) is Transdiscplinary in nature and TDU strongly recommends this module for Undergraduates, Masters and PhD students
- We will provide computers with software installed for the participants.
- Participants are encouraged to bring their own laptops with UBUNTU system.
|Whole Genome Sequencing and Analysis
- In-depth knowledge on whole genome sequencing
- Genomic experimental plan in Plants, Animals and Microbes
- How to estimate genome size and ploidy of an organism
- Genomic DNA purification from Plant, Animal and Microbial and Environmental source
- NGS library construction and validation
- Whole genome sequencing by NGS platforms (short and long reads)
- NGS data formats and structure
- Challenges in Big Data analysis of prokaryotes and eukaryotes
- WGS analyses pipelines for De novo and Reference based assembly, annotations, and marker prediction.
- Comparative whole genome analysis
- Metagenomes analysis
- Data submissions & graphical representations
- NGS data submission to NCBI
- Essentials for high-impact publication(s)/patent(s)
Registrations are now closed.
Accommodation will be available on request on/before 15th February, and charged separately.
Centre for Functional Genomics & Bio-informatics
The Institute of Trans-disciplinary Health Sciences & Technology,
74/2, Jarakabande Kaval,
Post Attur via Yelahanka
Bengaluru – 560064
View on Google Maps
Please write to firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at +91 9972978966 for any queries.