Dr. Ashwini Godbole
Centre for Ayurveda Biology and Holistic Nutrition
- Associate Professor at TDU (From January 2021)
- Assistant Professor at TDU (September 2014-December 2020)
- Principal Investigator at IAIM – FRLHT (November 2013 to August 2014)
- Postdoctoral Fellow at IAIM (January 2011 to October 2013)
- DBT Postdoctoral Fellow at GKVK-NCBS (April 2007- March 2010)
- PhD student at NCBS-TIFR (Aug 1998-June 2004)
- Ayurveda Neurobiology
- Development of curriculum for MSc In Biological Sciences (Bioinformatics and Functional Genomics by Research).
- Ayurveda Neurobiology
- Cognitive enhancement: Community based clinical research
- Mode of Action of Ayurveda Nootropics : C elegans models
- Cell and Molecular Biology of Ayurveda
- Research based seminars/webinars for Senior Citizens
Ongoing Research Projects / Grants / Specific Research activities:
- Faculty Support Grant from Pratiksha Trust (Shri Senapathy (Kris) Gopalakrishnan for research in Ayurveda Neurobiology.
- Effect of Brahmi Ghrita on ‘Chemotherapy Induced Cognitive Impairment’: Project under AYUSH-EMR Scheme
- Effect of Brahmi Ghrita on Age related Cognitive Impairment’: RIST grant-Brain Health
- Differential Effect of Ayurvedic Nootropics on Caenorhabditis elegans models of Parkinson’s Disease
J Anjaneyulu, Vidyashankar R and Godbole A* (Corresponding author)
Journal of Ayurveda and Integrative Medicine, Sep 2020, DOI: 10.1016/j.jaim.2020.07.006
- Regulation of VDAC Trafficking Modulates Cell Death.
Dubey AK*, Godbole A*, Mathew MK.
Cell Death Discovery 2016 Dec; Article no: 16085 doi:10.1038/ cddiscovery.2016.85 *Equal contribution, Nature Group Journal
- Channels in artificial membranes
Godbole A, Dubey AK, Lall S and Mathew MK.
Atlas of Science 2016 Apr; https://atlasofscience.org/channels-in-artificial-membranes
- Pomegranate Juice Improves Iron Status and Ameliorates Iron Deficiency Induced Cellular Changes in Saccharomyces cerevisiae
Balasubramani S P, Padmagiri G, Venkatasubramanian P*, Vidyashankar R and Godbole A.
Journal of Nutritional Therapeutics, 2015, 4, 104-112
- Expression and purification of OsVDAC4.
Godbole A, Dubey AK, Mitra R, Reddy PS, Mathew MK.
Method Enzymol. 2015 Aug; 556:51-75. doi: 10.1016/ bs.mie.2014.12.019.
- Evaluation of traditional anthelmintic herbs as substitutes for the endangered Embelia ribes, using Caenorhabditis elegans model.
Venkatasubramanian P, Godbole A, Vidyashankar R and Kuruvilla GR.
Current Science. 2013 Dec, 105(11):1593—1598
- Mitochondrial VDAC and hexokinase together modulate plant programmed cell death.
Godbole A, Dubey AK, Reddy PS, Udayakumar M, Mathew MK.
Protoplasma. 2013 Aug;250(4):875-84. doi: 10.1007/s00709-012-0470-y. Epub 2012 Dec 18.
- Bacterial expression, purification and characterization of a rice voltage-dependent, anion-selective channel isoform, OsVDAC4.
Godbole A, Mitra R, Dubey AK, Reddy PS, Mathew MK.
J Membr Biol. 2011 Nov;244(2):67-80. doi: 10.1007/s00232-011-9399-x. Epub 2011 Nov 6.
- Repression of the glucose-inducible outer-membrane protein OprB during utilization of aromatic compounds and organic acids in Pseudomonas putida CSV86. Shrivastava R, Basu B, Godbole A, Mathew MK, Apte SK, Phale PS.
Microbiology. 2011 May;157(Pt 5):1531-40. Epub 2011 Feb 17.
- VDAC is a conserved element of death pathways in plant and animal systems.
Godbole A, Varghese J, Sarin A, Mathew MK.
Biochim Biophys Acta. 2003 Sep 23; 1642(1-2):87-96.
- Faculty Support Grant from Pratiksha Trust (Shri Senapathy (Kris) Gopalakrishnan)
- bioMereuix-TDU Grant Challenge Award.
- DST-SERB, Start-Up Research Grant for Young Scientists (November 2013).
- Award for the best poster (Title: A System to Study Cytochrome-c Release from Mitochondria) in the Cell and Developmental Biology Symposium (January 2001).
- Award for the best poster (Title: Role of VDAC in Cytochrome-c Release from Mitochondria) in the Symposium on Cancer and Cell Death (January 2002).
- Awarded the Sarojini Damodaran International Fellowship for undertaking a short- term project in the laboratory of Prof. Russell Jones in the University of California, Berkeley, USA and to attend Plant Biology 2003, The annual meeting of the American Society of Plant Biologists, Honolulu, Hawaii, USA.
- Awarded a fellowship from Company of Biologist, Cambridge, UK for undertaking a short-term project in the laboratory of Prof. Russell Jones in the University of California, Berkeley, USA.
- Received Career Development Award from Kanwal and Ann Rekhi Fund, California, USA and TIFR Endowment Fund.
- Received Postdoctoral Fellowship from Department of Biotechnology, Government of India
Membership of Professional Bodies/Committees:
- Associate Editor for Journal of Ayurveda and Integrative Medicine
- Member of NCBS Institutional Committee for Stem Cell Research (IC-SCR)
- ITC-Food Division
- Post-doctoral fellow with own fellowship or grant