Dr. Pavithra N
Centre for Functional Genomics & Bio-informatics
I have completed PhD in Biological Sciences from Manipal University. I have 11 years of research and teaching experience in Genomics, Bioinformatics and Biotechnology. My post doctoral studies at SJRI, Bengaluru, under the guidance of Dr. Anura V Kurpad helped me to explore the opportunities in nutritional research. My journey in TDU began as post doctoral fellow under the guidance of Dr Malali Gowda, which was a breakthrough in my career. I have been part of establishing Centre for Functional Genomics and Bioinformatics (CFGB) at The University of Trans-Disciplinary Health Sciences and Technology. I have experience in multiple domains from genomics to bioinformatics.
- Organized and anchored National Symposium on Future of Functional Genomics (TransDisciplinary Genomics – I) conducted on October 13-14, 2017 at Trans-Disciplinary University, Bangalore.
- Organized, anchored and tutor in the Next Generation Sequencing Technology trainings (1-25 series) conducted by Centre for Functional Genomics and Bio-informatics, The University of Trans-Disciplinary Health Sciences and Technology, Bangalore
Guide for students from various institutes for their Masters dissertation work.
Development of curriculum for MSc In Biological Sciences (Bioinformatics and Functional Genomics by Research).
- Integration of high end technology and Ayurveda for wellness
- Sequencing and functional annotation of medicinal plants genomes and associated microbes
- Association of microbiome with diseases such as diabetes and obesity
- To develop curriculum/course work for Bachelors/Masters/PhD Program in Genomics and Bio-informatics.
- To provide hands on training in Genomics and Bio-informatics to Bachelors/Masters/PhD students.
- To organize National/International Conferences on Genomics and Bio-informatics and workshops to train students, faculty and scientists
Ongoing Research/Education/Outreach Projects:
- PI: Elucidation of molecular mechanisms involved in Pistacia -aphid gall development- Funded by Dabur India Ltd
- PI: Plant DNA fingerprinting- Funded by Centre for Functional Genomics and Bio-informatics, TDU
- Co-PI: Microbiome analysis of milk samples- Funded by Centre for Ethno-Veterinary Science and Practice
- PI: HLA and Prakriti- Funded by Kiran Mazumdar Shaw
- N. Pavithra., Priyanka S. Bannikoppa., Sheila Uthappa., Anura V. Kurpad and Indu Mani. (2018) Plasma Fatty Acid Composition and Estimated Desaturase Activities Reﬂect Dietary Patterns in Subjects with Metabolic Syndrome , Indian journal of Clinical Biochemistry 33(3) 290–296.
- Rokkam Shankar Nagashree MSc, N. K. Manjunath, M. Indu, M. Ramesh, V. Venugopal, P. Sreedhar, N. Pavithra & Hongasandra R. Nagendra (2017) Effect of a Diet Enriched with Fresh Coconut Saturated Fats on Plasma Lipids and Erythrocyte Fatty Acid Composition in Normal Adults, Journal of the American College of Nutrition 36(5) 330-334..
- Pavithra, N., Sathish, L., Suneel Kumar, A., Venkatarathanamma, V., Pushpalatha, H., Bhanuprakash Reddy, G., Ananda, K. (2014): In-vitro Studies on α-Amylase, α-Glucosidase and Aldose Reductase Inhibitors found in Endophytic Fungi Isolated from Ocimum sanctum, Current Enzyme Inhibition 10 (2) 129-136.
- Pavithra, N., Sathish, L., Nagasai, B., Venkatarathanamma, V., Pushpalatha, H., Bhanuprakash Reddy, G., Ananda, K. (2014) Evaluation of α-Amylase, α-Glucosidase and Aldose Reductase inhibitors in ethyl acetate extracts of endophytic fungi isolated from anti-diabetic medicinal plants. International Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences and Research 5 (12) 5334-5341
- Sathish, L., Pavithra, N. and Ananda K. (2014) Evaluation of antimicrobial activity of secondary metabolites and enzyme production from endophytic fungi isolated from Eucalyptus citriodora. Journal of Pharmacy Research 8(3); 269-276.
- Garudachari, B., Isloor, AM., Satyanarayana, MN., Fun, HK., Pavithra, N. and Ananda K. (2013) Design and regioselective synthesis of trifluoromethylquinolone derivatives as potent antimicrobial agents. European Journal of Medicinal Chemistry 68; 422-432.
- Sathish, L., Pavithra, N and Ananda , K. (2012) Antimicrobial Activity and Biodegrading Enzymes of Endophytic Fungi from Eucalyptus. International Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences and Research 3(8): 2574-2584.
- Pavithra, N., Sathish, L., Ananda, K. (2012) Antimicrobial and Enzyme Activity of Endophytic Fungi Isolated from Tulsi. Journal of Pharmaceutical and Biomedical Sciences. 16 (12):1-6.
- Ravi Babu, K., Rajmohan, HR., Pavithra, N., Adithya, P .(2012) Serum total mmunoglobin-E and health hazards in workers involved in land fill and compost areas of hazardous waste management plants. Indian journal of occupational and environmental medicine 16(1):9.
- Ravibabu, K., Adithya, P., Pavithra, N., Rajmohan, H., Raghavendra, R. (2010) Evaluation of the Relationship between Pro-inflammatory Cyto-kines and Health Hazards in Workers Involved in Hazardous Waste Sites at Karnataka, India. Journal of research in health sciences 10(1):7-14.
- Pavithra N, Babu KR, Rajmohan H.(2009) A review on pro-inflammatory cytokines responses in different occupational exposure. Journal of Ecophysiology & Occupational Health (1&2).
- Outstanding Educator- South India Women Achievers Award 2019
- Best oral presentation award received at National conference on Emerging trends in Bioprocessing & Simulation 2013