Dr. Poornima HVR
Assistant Professor, Centre-in-Charge
Centre for Clinical Research and Education
Ph: 08028567000, Extn: 472
An Ayurveda professional with Master Degree in Dravyaguna and Professional Diploma in Clinical Research. A clinician and researcher interested to explore the effect, efficacy, safety, mechanism of action of Ayurveda medications and therapies through clinical research. Specially fascinated in evaluating the whole systems effect of Ayurveda in non-communicable diseases and to explore the concepts of Ayurveda in modern scientific parameters through translational researches.
- Expert in designing the clinical research protocols for Ayurveda as per the IEC guidelines and conducting the studies as per GCP guidelines.
- Whole systems Ayurveda studies for efficacy and safety.
- Clinical trials for herbal formulations, Mechanism of action studies for Ayurveda therapeutics and formulations.
- Molecular studies and community based wellness studies.
Ongoing Research Projects / Grants / Specific Research activities:
- The effects of Ayurveda and yoga health practises on Swasthya (wellness) of the health seekers with special reference to respiratory health. BOSCH sponsored project
- Systems Biology approach to delineate molecular signatures of Prakriti in healthy humans- A collaborative project with CCRAS
- Recognition award from Global Ayurveda Festival organisers, Kochi in appreciation of the intellectual support to home pavilion for organising “Anveshana” a thematic exhibition on research advances related to Ayurveda
- Ayurvisharada Award from the Himalaya drug company
Membership of Professional Bodies:
- Member – Steering Committee for GCP Professional Certification Scheme (GCPPCS)
- Member – Expert committee for drafting clinical trial protocols for assessing AYUSH based adjuvants to current TB management.
- Bhavya V, BE Biotechnology (MSc by Research Student)