Dr. Kumar SK
Centre for Ethnoveterinary Sciences and Practices
- Having 15 years experience in authentic Ayurveda practice.
- He worked in the area of experimental research of Ayurvedic medicines such as in vivo and invitro for drug standardization.
- He also worked as Technical advisor for pharma industry for development of Ayurveda formulation for clinical application.
- He is a part of the team for documentation, assessment and promotion of ethnoveterinary practices.
- He assessed all the ethnoveterinary formulation by using Ayurveda principles.
- He also involved in development of curriculum for post graduate diploma in Ethno veterinary Practices (PGDEVP) and certificate programme in EVP along with Tamilnadu Veterinary and Animal Sciences University (TANUVAS), Chennai, India.
- He is also a part of the group promoting ethno-veterinary practices through training veterinarians &farmers, which is important to reduce the indiscriminate use of antibiotics and veterinary drugs.
- He also developing and establishing the principles of Ayurveda in Veterinary Practices.
- He has organized 5 International conferences on Ethnoveterinary medicines and Veterinary Ayurveda.
- He has travelled to Srilanka, Bolivia, Portugal, Germany, Holland and Switzerland to deliver lectures and speech on Veterinary Ayurveda and Ethnoveterinary medicines.
- Teaching, Research and Practicing Ayurveda Physician more than 15 years
Ayurveda for Animals
- Part of the team for training and empowering of 1500 veterinarians, 30000 dairy farmers in Ethnoveterinary Practices and Veterinary Ayurveda.
- Part of the team in mainstreaming ethnoveterinary sciences and practices in Veterinary universities.
- Anti Microbial Resistance (AMR)
- Antimicrobial residues
- Alternatives for Antibiotics
- One Health
- Veterinary Ayurveda ( Pashu Ayurveda )
- Ethnoveterinary Practices
- Antimicrobial resistance pathogen identification and management
- Development of portal for traditional medicines for animal health.
- Community empowerment for health and wellbeing.
Ongoing Research Projects / Grants / Specific Research activities:
- “Management of antibiotic resistance pathogens in Clinical mastitis by Ethnoveterinary formulations”.- GOKUL Dairy.
- Kumar SK, Lalitha BR, Sridhar NB, Girish Kumar V and Raghunath GV “Experimental Evaluation of Garlic (Allium sativum Linn) for Toxicity w. s. r. to Adverse Drug Reaction”. EC Veterinary Science 5.10 (2020): 33-41.
- Kumar Seethakempanahalli Kempanna, Balakrishna Nair Mannoor Narayanan, Natesan Punniamurthy, Girish Kumar Venkateshappa, Ayurveda Understanding of Mastitis in Dairy Animals, J Ayu Med Sci 2018; Apr-Jun 3(2): 349-52
- Kumar SK, Deepa PM. Balakrishnan Nair MN, Punniamurthy N, Prevention of Mastitis in Cattle During Dry Period Using Herbal Formulation, Research & Reviews: Journal of Veterinary Sciences, Volume 4 | Issue 1 | June, 2018, e-ISSN:2581-3897
- Balakrishnan Nair MN, Punniamurthy N and Kumar SK. Ethno-veterinary Practices for Animal Health and the Associated Medicinal Plants from 24 Locations in 10 States of India, Research & Reviews: Journal of Veterinary Sciences 2017: Volume 3, Issue 1 .
- Balakrishnan Nair MN Punniamurthy N Mekala P Ramakrishnan N and Kumar SK. Ethno-veterinary Formulation for Treatment of Bovine Mastitis, Journal Veterinary Sciences 2017: Volume 3, Special Issue: The Lost Love: ONE HEALTH in the era of Antimicrobial Resistance.
- M N B Nair, N Punniamurthy Natesan, Kumar S K 2015. Role of Ethno-veterinary Practices (EVP) in reducing antimicrobial resistance in livestock production systems: a field experience. Planta Med 2015; 81 – SL3C_06
DOI: 10.1055/s-0035-1565325 (Abstract).
- Kumar S K, Deepa P M, Punniamurthy N, MNB Nair. Prevention of mastitis in cattle during dry period using an Ayurveda formulation – A pilot study, Role of Livestock in Sustainable Agriculture. Proceedings of the IAHA Pre-Conference on Animal Husbandry 6.-8. November 2017 at 19thOrganic World Congress in India. International Federation of Organic Agriculture Movements – Animal Husbandry Alliance (IFOAM-IAHA), Bonn and Research Institute of Organic Agriculture (FiBL), Frick.
- Kumar, S.K., Deepa, P.M., Punnimurthy, N. and Nair, M.N.B. Prevention of mastitis in cattle during dry period using herbal formulation, International Biodiversity Congress (IBC 2018) Forest Research Institute, Dehradun, India | 4-6 October 2018, page no 557.
- Punniamurthy N, Ramakrishnan N, Nair MNB, Vijayaraghavan S Kumar SK Assessment of Antimicrobial Activity of Ethnoveterinary Anti-mastitis Herbal Formulation on Field Isolated Pathogens using Scanning Electron Microscopy, Pre-Symposium on Animal Healthcare and Veterinary Phytotherapy, Sept. 3rd -7th 2017, Basel, Switzerland.
- 25,000 cash award for Post graduate thesis work
Membership of Professional Bodies:
- Member of World Ayurveda Foundation
- Elsevier publication reviewer
- Member of Natural Livestock farming