The event will be held from 25th to 29th July, 2022
- Extruded Foods Workshop jointly with Indian Institute of Plantation Management, December 2020
- Workshop of Superfoods of Ayurveda- Ghrita, September 2020
The Centre for Ayurveda Biology & Holistic Nutrition aims to deliver well-researched, innovative, consumer relevant health and wellness solutions for the masses through food & medicine (aahaar & aushadh). The research emphasizes a transdisciplinary approach that integrates Ayurveda with fields of chemistry, biology and processing, and bridges science and shastra.
The Centre works on fundamental studies on Ayurveda concepts and practices using cutting edge science tools to unravel the mechanism of action as well as translational research to convert knowledge into products, superfoods and services for health & wellness.
The current focus of Centre’s health & wellness research are:
- Micronutrient deficiencies with focus on iron deficiency anemia; malnutrition
- Metabolic health with focus on type-2-diabetes
- Brain health with focus on mild cognitive impairment
- Traditional Knowledge guided quality standards for Traditional Medicine
- Quality of traditional medicinal ingredients & products, including research on controversial medicinal plants and substitutes for rare and endangered plant drugs
- Cellular location of actives and identifying pathway genes to develop new means of sustainable production
Center is mining Ayurveda literature and building transdisciplinary skill-bases in Ayurveda Biology, Ayurveda Chemistry and Ayurveda Processing to
- Develop prakruti-guided personalized dietary recommendations based on food analytics and integrative algorithms
- Develop functional foods based on insights generated through deconstructing and reconstruction of Ayurveda formulations and bioassay guided product development.